12.04.2007

Happy Birthday Jeremy

Today was Jeremy's 27th birthday. I meant to dedicate this post earlier today, but it didn't quite make it with all else that has been happening these last couple of days. First of all sometimes I have to ponder whether or not being an apartment manager is worth the hassle. When days are slow and there is not much to do, I absolutely have to say yes! Other days when things are hectic, I'd beg to differ. I guess that goes along with any job, but I can't complain about being home with Zoe everyday. Yesterday was one of those Mondays that should be a Friday once the day was over. I had scheduled the plumbers to come and fix various things in the complex, but of course they called to say they would be a little later than scheduled. Go figure. And then it got exciting....our water heater for our side of the complex started leaking. EMERGENCY! I then had to go around and inform tenants there would be no hot water for a day and hope they didn't complain too bad. But then the owner decided the leak wasn't too bad and to go ahead and let the hot water run, so I went around to inform tenants they could enjoy their shower once more. I also have two vacant apartments-one being the eviction we had before the Thanksgiving holiday-to get cleaned and fixed up and ready to rent. The evicted apartment was a disaster. Garbage and food everywhere. When going around and picking up the trash I noticed I was picking up alot of change so I decided I would save it all and it would be my tip. Not a grand amount, but a whopping twenty-three cents to add to our laundry change. Sometimes you have to really count your pennies! It's also the beginning of the month and non else than to collect rent and listen to everyones stories as to why they can't pay again or that they don't have any money. It's funny to see their reactions when I tell them we don't have the extra money to pay for cable and yet they live by their TV along with their cigarettes and beer. It's a sob story every time except I don't shed any tears and I let them know they have to pay the late fee. We have also been without a computer for a few days and have greatly missed it, well at least I have. It's my one connection to the outside world. I didn't have a chance to pick it up on Monday so Jeremy graciously finished the task. After he got home at 9pm I finally headed off to the grocery store to pick up our much needed groceries for the week and Jeremy's big day. He requested I make him oatmeal carmelitas instead of cake and to make the sausage dish his mom always prepares. When I got home at 10:30pm I was exhausted. Knowing it was Jeremy's birthday today didn't help. I would have tried to get up early and make him breakfast, but I failed. So I started on the task of dinner hours ahead. I prepped and baked throughout the day while I could squeeze it in between Zoe's feedings, naps, and the complex issues. Zoe was the most challenging today of all cases. She has broken her first tooth and so far she has not been so fussy. But today she was confused not knowing how to cope with the new tooth. I think she is still working on another one and her gums must be sore. Jeremy to the rescue again. He patiently put her to sleep giving her a bottle and rocking her back and forth. He loved it so much that he even stated he should put her to bed more often. He just needs to make it home before her bed time. But I was able to make him dinner, desert and give him the attention needed on his big day. So amongst everything that I have been rambling on about I can now dedicate this post to my wonderful husband of 2 1/2 years. Happy Birthday Jeremy. I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this one!!!!!
I want give a shout out to three of my most favourite persons, jer, janelle and baby Z.
I hope you had a great day J!!!
DC