1.08.2008

A Glimpse of Christmas.

Wow! The holidays are over and school is back in session. We really enjoyed ourselves this Christmas season and look forward to this brand new year. We were able to spend Christmas this year with my family up in rainy Crescent City. We were the only ones home for the holidays so Zoe was able to get all the attention a girl could want. My parents loved it! It was so much fun to have a little one around for Christmas and we now realize all the joy children bring into this world. My favorite gift this year was from my mother. She had found at the local grocery store a cereal named: Zoe's O's. It was hilarious! Here is a picture of Zoe's first stocking:

Did you see the cereal box? I guess there are other foods such as granola bars that you can purchase. We checked their website and saw that the brand is only sold in health food stores. I thought if their food tasted okay it would be a cute idea for a birthday party favor in the future. Just a thought.

While we were at my parents we went to Azalea Park to see some Christmas lights. It's not Temple Square, but it's okay for a small retired town. They also served ginger cookies and what was supposed to be hot apple cider that turned out to be luke warm apple juice. I guess that's what you get for a buck these days. But Zoe met Santa for the first time. She stared at him, but I think she was too tired for anything to register.



Finally...here are a couple of pictures of Zoe on Christmas Day. She thoroughly enjoyed the bows and ribbons...well pretty much anything she could get her hands on.


3 comments:

Ricki said...

Great pictures Janelle! I love your blog. Thanks for the tip about e.l.f., I'm telling everyone about it. Where do you get such cool backgrounds and titles for your blog?

Teandra said...

She is so, so cute! Man, I haven't been to your parent's house forever! In fact, I haven't seen them for a long time either.

Janelle said...

Ricki: as for the background goes, it's digital scrapbooking paper coded into the layout. Don't ask me how to do it because I got the instructions from a friend and it literally took me 2-3 days to figure it out. It was a headache and I'm not exactly the one to explain it to you, but you can find directions online. The title was easier. I just digitally scrapbooked and saved it in my computer and then posted it the layout. Almost like posting a picture. Way easier than the background. If you do want more info, there is a blog I can forward to you for the instructions. If your good with computers, or if Jeremy is, you guys could figure it out. Good Luck! and thanks.