3.25.2008

First Easter, First Steps.

With Easter being so early this year, I almost let it slip right by. I had purchased our baskets early and thought I had plenty of time to prepare for the holiday. But then it snuck up on me and I almost didn't dye any eggs. Lucky enough I went to the dollar store Friday night to purchase all of our "goodies." Saturday I dyed a few eggs and that was it. Sunday we planned to go to Jeremy's parents for the day. I didn't know whether or not Zoe would wake up early, but when she did I hid the eggs for her and daddy to find. Later we went to church with his parents and had a wonderful dinner with family. After dinner we had another egg hunt for Emily and the boys. They were all excited about their overload of chocolate. Easter evening ended with Zoe taking her first steps in the living room. She surprised us all and even applauded for herself. I just can't believe how fast she is growing up. I know I keep saying that over and over, but it's so true. I had decided to make this Easter video and after watching it for the first time, I almost started to cry. I was picturing myself watching her baby videos the night before she was getting married. Now I know I have a few years, but these precious moments fly by so quickly. I'm just grateful I'm here to capture them all.

3 comments:

Teandra said...

That is so sweet!

Lindsey Whiting said...

I love how she licks them after she finds them, I guess she's just claiming what is hers. That's awesome that she started walking!

Breean and Jeff said...

Janelle, that video is so cute. Zoe is getting so big and so dang cute!!