3.02.2008

Project #1.

I have started to dream of the day when we won't be in school and eventually can own nice things such as furniture. I had an inspiration the other day when I was looking at our table and chairs. They were given to us from Jeremy's parents as they upgraded their dining set. So they have been used, used, and used. The fabric on one of them had ripped and the foam underneath was showing through. So yes, it's nice to have things given to you, but it makes me long for the day to own nice things. I have decided to use my "crafty" skills to re-upholster the cushions, paint the backs of the chairs, and paint the table. I'm excited to see the final result, and hopefully I will be able to live more comfortably in my apartment. My next project will be to cover our couch cushion and pillows.

Before:



During/After (not quite finished):

7 comments:

James and Tiff said...

You are awesome!!! The chair looks great! I always thought Zoe looked like you... so I am on your side:) I actually think she is a good mix of you two. Sounds like you are staying busy!

Bethany said...

Yay! I'm glad you found our blog.

The dining set is going to look awesome. Ü

April J. said...

Why would you want new stuff when you have the ability and vision to make classic stuff awesome!

You are a craft "goddess" is the only word I can think of is that bad????

Lindsey Whiting said...

Wow! It looks awesome Janelle. I love doing "home" projects, it's always so fun to see the outcome! I love the fabric you chose.

Teandra said...

Wow, you're good. I feel for you. We got our table and chairs for $20. We started with 4, now we're down to 2.

Teandra said...

Wow, you're good. I feel for you. We got our table and chairs for $20. We started with 4, now we're down to 2.

Camelia Bradshaw said...

It looks great Janelle. I love it. It was really nice running into you at Joannes. I love that store. The chair looks even better than the picture I had in my head. You do have good visions. Maybe you are visionary woman =)
I can't wait to see the couch when it's done.