My parents were able to visit a little on Z's birthday. I'm always happy when they show. J pointed out to me the other day that I've probably seen my parents more in the last six months living here than I have in the last 3-4 years. I think he's right. Sad. Living here has been such a blessing to our family. I've mentioned before how fortunate we are to have family close. I won't go into detail again, but know that I still feel the same. So back to Grandma and Grandpa. We went out to dinner on Tuesday night (thank you) and then played with them on Wednesday. I'm so glad that little Z is such a happy-go-lucky girl. I'm not sure that she can remember Grandma and Grandpa Puente, but by the looks of it I'd beg to differ:
She kept cuddling into Grandma and it was the cutest thing ever! I'm sure that Grandma felt the love Z has for her. Thanks little Z for being so darn adorable!
On a side note, my father is pretty hilarious....to say the least. I wasn't aware that he was on a mission to buy a car while visiting. He showed up Tuesday afternoon, went straight to the Toyota dealership and tried to bargain for a truck. The salesman wasn't impressed, but rather frustrated with my father's knowledge of car and dealer prices. Too bad. My dad wasn't about to get ripped off. So off he went to Walnut Creek in search of a more "courteous" salesman. Low and behold honest salesman do exist! My dad arrived home with a smile on his face and a new car. Here's the happy man:
This man has awaited a new car for a long time. One of the things he was most impressed with was the cup holders-they are adjustable. Who knew?!?! He also liked the stereo system (he listens to the radio), and the fan because the air comes out blowing hard. Now for most of you that have purchased new cars recently (in the last few years) may have known about these special features. I'm glad my pop has come around and treated himself with a beauty. You deserve it! Go DAD!!
1 comment:
That is hilarious! I love uncle Gary..
Post a Comment