Well J and I just registered for our first 1/2 Marathon. We decided to go with this one since it is in Sacramento, on a Saturday and only $40. It should be a beautiful challenging run along Folsom Lake. We also put in consideration having family close by to watch Z and to cheer us on. I'm not a runner and I don't do races, but I guess it's never to late to try. This was J's idea and I'm there to support him by running next to him. I have been doing some strength/endurance training on Tuesday and Thursday mornings and have started running on the off days, except Sundays. When I feel good about running 3-4 miles solid, then I will begin training. I downloaded a 10 week training guide and bought a jogging stroller to keep me "excuse free." The race will be on September 20th (4 months away!), so I better keep it in gear. Wish us luck.
5.19.2008
Tough as Granite.
Love,
Janelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
That is cool. I picked up running again, but i'm not that motivated to do a marathon. Good luck though!
Good for you and J. You will be great. I have tons of friends who always run marathon and they always happy that they have done it. Keep up the good work.
Im so proud of you already :) I have always wanted to do something like this but then I run around the block... nearly have a heart attack and decide against it. We miss you guys so much... I hope we get round three in this summer I think J will have to do some work on Josh for that one he is working so much he cant picture us leaving more than one time. We are headed to Disneyland Right after Colin's Bday so that will be our big summer trip (June 5-8) for now but we'll see! Miss you gusy Z is getting so big and is as cute as ever!
You guys are amazing!
Good work guys. I (Erin) am hoping to fun the Hobblecreek Half in August in Utah but am having some knee problems. Hopefully they get resolved and I can get back to running!
Good luck you guys!
best of luck. A marathon of any length have never been a goal of mine, but I do admire those of you who can do it.
You, Go double J's!!
You guys are inspiring. I keep thinking about running, but it makes me so tired! ;)
AWESOME! I bet you're more of a runner than you realize. If you stick to a pretty tough training it might surprise you how quickly your body will respond and deliver incredible results. That's pretty gusty to aim for a half right off the bat. I wish you the greatest success! I'll be rooting for you both :)
Hey thanks!! We are really excited!
You guys rock! You are hard core. You go girl.
Post a Comment