As I've mentioned before, I love living close to home, though I don't visit enough. I was, however, fortunate enough to go home for a week. My sister was also visiting with her daughter, so it was entertaining to watch the cousins interact. S is quite the girl to keep up with, but Z was able to hold her own. I have so much to post about, I'll have to break it up into sections. We'll start with the house. Living in Northern California, we have the blessing of owning land, on which my parents have managed to really take advantage of with gardening. It wasn't until all 6 kids moved out, did my dad become the "Master Gardener." Growing up we picked blueberries in the summer to earn extra money. We have about 150 bushes of our own, but live next to a blueberry farm. Now my parents harvest not only blueberries, but squash, zucchini, raspberries, strawberries, beans, lettuce, tomatoes, corn, pumpkins, potatoes, apples and sweet peas! (I think that's all.....sheesh!) Needless to say I love when I get sent home with canned goods. I'm sure this would have been a great project for us kids growing up, but with my parents both working, and kids involved with extra curricular activities, it would have been more of a challenge. I'm sure my mom could use our help now when she's canning 4 dozen jars of green beans, making applesauce and canning pumpkin. I think I just may have to make another trip home to learn the process and reap the rewards! It's also a good thing that my father has upgraded the lawn mower to a rider. For years, it would take half the day just to mow the lawn with our push mower (it was gas, thank heavens!) So here's S having a grand time helping out with the mowing!

7.22.2008
Home Sweet Home.
Love,
Janelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is really cool! I always remember having yummy fresh blueberry pie at your parent's house.
I love your parents place. I didn't know that we had a common upbringing, I grew up on 4 acres and the side of our home was a greenhouse. We did not have blueberries though, yummy!
Z is so cute leaning on your mom.
We miss you guys. You gotta come play!
oh, how nice to have fresh food to bring home! Oh, and space for a garden. Cooler weather would be nice right now, especially since we hit 104 today. The pictures are great.
I would die if I had fresh raspberries! MMMMM, we need to try to grow them but I don't know if it would work. And baby Zoe is getting SO BIG! Its crazy, the girl looks just like Jeremy. Hope everything is GREAT.
Post a Comment