7.22.2008

They produced.

Remember my plants here? Well I was a little worried after moving to O-Town, that my tomato plants would not keep so well because of the cooler weather. My father even told me he didn't think they would ripen. Ha! He was wrong. So far I have had 4 tomatoes and they have been delicious! Hopefully the rest will continue to ripen. My pepper plant also survived and produced one pepper. (Sorry no picture, we had to eat it.) It was about 4 inches tall, but also very scrumptious. I had other buds, but they didn't keep. I also have some cilantro growing, which produces better in a cooler environment, so I'm not so worried. I'm glad that I was able to do this and hopefully I'll be able to get better at my harvesting skills for next season.

(Disclaimer: Tomatoes appear larger than actual size.)
My pepper plant. Next year I'll have to pass on this since it's meant for warmer weather.

I've also added some flowers to my patio to brighten my mornings when the fog has rolled in. I do have to say I bought them rather than growing them myself. I opted for quicker results the second time around.

2 comments:

Lindsey Whiting said...

You are truly an amazing homemaker. Is there anything you can't do?...So let's plan your trip to Texas?!

smith scratch said...

This is awesome!
Fresh salsa and beautiful flowers, fantastic.