10.03.2008

Addicted.

I am fully admitting my addiction to the internet world. I am addicted to sewing. It took its break over the summer, but has come back full force. And I can't seem to stop. Yesterday I had to run to Joann's just so I could make a bag I've had my eye on all week. And as soon as little Z went down, I started on my project right away....and neglected her the rest of the day. I had forgotten about everything-dinner, picking up Papa, changing diapers. Nothing else was on my mind, but sewing. Baby showers are fun because it gives me the excuse to sew. Why pitch in for a group gift, when it can be specially made by yours truly! Plus it helps me out by sewing new things and perfecting my skills (which are not close to perfect at all!). But I really enjoy it and it's a good way to release energy. I should probably be exercising instead, but I choose to sit around and search the internet for new projects, trying to see if I can replicate that item on Etsy that is selling for $40! My only problem is trying to find a need for everything I want to sew. So being inspired through a friend, I'm thinking of hosting a giveaway! Then I can truly know who's reading my blog....you stalkers!! But I think it will be fun, so keep your eyes open because one of these items could be yours....or maybe I'll sew something extra special. Pretty much count on it being a mother/baby friendly item. So here are a few things I've been sewing up:



A self-binding receiving blanket (front). It was new to me and I've been wanting to try it.
(back)

Matching burp cloths with chenille backing.
Baby legs...it's getting colder outside and who wants to take off the tights when your changing a diaper. These were Easter socks I had gotten on clearance (love the after-holiday sale) and I've been saving them for something special. Turned out they were done in about 15 min.
A nursing cover with matching bag.
My pillows that I've been wanting to cover for a year now. Yes the fabric matches the nursing cover. I loved it so much I wanted it for my pillows! Hourglass pattern was used from Amy Butler Designs. Love her, but I didn't use her fabric.
(front)
(back)
Diaper Clutch (large)

Perfect for hooking on a stroller and getting rid of the huge diaper bag.

9 comments:

brittany doll said...

I love the pillows on your leather couch. So cute!! You are too talented and creative.

Lindsey said...

Janelle! I am so glad you emailed me. Um, do you have an etsy website? Because you should. Your stuff is gorgeous. Okay, emailing you right now!

Camelia Bradshaw said...

I did not know how talented you are. They are all SO beautiful. Do you condider selling anything? I love the nursing cover. Mine fell apart. (Or, maybe I can learn how to make one?)

Hayley said...

Wow..you are amazing. I love it all. Those socks are a really cute idea. You have great taste in fabric too.

The Lively's said...

Love the blog. You are very talented! I took sewing in high school and my mom was an amazing sewer! I am now kicking myself in the butt for not really paying attention! Sorry about your toe. Thats what you get for being a runner! :)

Nicole said...

Wow Janelle! You certainly have been busy. They all look great! Sell them!

Teandra said...

Geez! You are so talented I can't even stand it! My birthdays coming up in 6 months...by the way.

David and Stephanie said...

Where do I sign up for the freebies?!

James and Tiff said...

Can I put in my order? You are awesome! I wish that I had as much creative juice as you do:) Zoe is growing up way too fast- she is so cute!!