10.03.2008

Podiatrist, what?

I had injured my nail bed when training for the half marathon. Half of my nail turned black and blue (see below image) and I was waiting for it to fall off on it's own. Papa J had learned in his Pod Med class that the nail has to come off if it is half black. He was determined to get some Novocaine from a doctor and pull it off himself. Like that was going to happen. After playing some volleyball and basketball last night, I decided when I got home, that it was coming off. My way. Pain free with no medications. I used Papa's trusty tools that we paid way too much for and after much determination, I was able to pry it off. Sorry for such a graphic picture, but I had to show my skills.The nail was not bothering me, just more annoying than anything else. I just couldn't stand having a dead nail on my toe anymore. Perfect for Halloween, though, huh? Sorry.

5 comments:

Teandra said...

That really is gross. You spooked me!

LJW said...

"spooks" what?... I don't get this blog stuff. Anywho just wanted to give you props for showing your husband what podiatry is all about..nice job!

Your peeps in San Ramon,
Gordo (Taylor)

Breean and Jeff said...

Nice tunes. I think i really got scared!!

Managers.Magnolia said...

Totally sick J!! ;oP hhaha

amylynne said...

That's disgusting... haha. Anyway, check out my blog, I wrote about you! :)