2.17.2009

Hooray!


You know when you have ordered something online and then you completely forget about it until the FedEx man arrives at your door and then you get overly excited and giddy? Today was that day. About a week and a half ago I had finished "slurping" our blog into a book via Blurb. The greatest thing ever. When I found out about Blurb, I couldn't wait to print out our blog, but I knew I had to wait at least a year so that I could make it a yearly tradition. Well I'm in love. I was a little hesitant to order it, but Papa J told me no matter how much it costs, it documents our life, like a journal. He's right. I'm not good at writing in a journal everyday or scrapbooking major events, but I am pretty consistent about blogging. It's just easier to get on the computer these days and upload our pictures. No scanning, no printing, no cropping, no dye cuts...you get the point. We are technologically advanced people these days.

I love that our life is bound in a book to pass on to generations. My children will be able to look back and see what was happening in our lives on a weekly basis or so. Little Z loves books and she especially loves to see herself in books. It's also a great way for her to remember what her grandparents, aunts and uncles all look like. She immediately took to our blog book and browsed through the pages to point out everyone she knows.

Just to let you know, it didn't cost very much for my book to be published. The prices range from the number of pages you have. My book consists of 143 pages. It was more, but I condensed some things down and deleted some posts I didn't feel important. Now that I have my book, I'm more willing and eager to document more things on my blog so that I can look forward to volume 2. Maybe now you'll be inspired and do the same. Happy blogging!

7 comments:

gwen and bob said...

I love it! I've been looking for something like this! Thanks for sharing!

Silvia and Steven said...

:O)!!!!

I know that you are able to print out your blog. I actually started 2 other blogs. One with spiritual experiences and another about being a mother and wife and experiences. I plan on printing it out as well. It is so nice to have it as a journal and save it. I'm so glad to see you do it and know of a site where I can do it! Thanks a bunch!

April J. said...

I've really been interested in this but couldn't remember the name of the company who did it. i am really excited and surprised at how reasonable it is.

Tyler and ShaeLee May said...

I didn't know you could do this, that is so cool, maybe I can talk Tyler into letting me print off ours. When are you going to post about what happened Sunday night?

David Mills said...

I need to do this too! I started to download the program, so I think you just inspired me. It looks wonderful.

Ashley

Amy said...

I am going to do this too. I want to see how yours turned out.

Kara said...

What a great find! I've been looking for something like this....And super congrats on your next baby! I've been suspecting for some time. hehe. How far apart will they be?