3.24.2009

Just us girls.

Last week we ventured out of town to escape the stress of school, but just Z and I. We left Papa J to his studies. He's had a test every week (including this one) and since we rented out our last apartment, I felt the need to get away. I'm so glad we did. The weather was wonderful and Z made a new friend, Avery. They are only 4 months apart, but they look almost a year apart. My child towers over 2 year olds. I keep reminding myself she is turning 2 and not 3.

The girls loved riding the car at the grocery store. They kept honking the horn and steering the wheel. We almost made it to the end without them getting out, but then who would we be kidding? It was definitely a more pleasant shopping experience than some of my recent visits to the store.

On Wednesday we met up at the park with a playgroup and enjoyed the warm sun on our backs. We even let the kids run around in the water play area. Z couldn't get enough. She was soaked head to toe, but kept going back for more. Swim lessons are on my "to do" list for this summer.

My friend has been taking a photography class with her new Nikon and I was asking her questions since I'm learning as well. I wanted to try out shutter speed and with her advice I was able to catch this beauty. I'm really happy how it turned out and am excited to learn more.
Overall we had a fun time and were pleased to visit with our friends. We tried to do a photoshoot with the girls, but had a hard time getting them to sit still with each other. I'll be posting my favorites soon. Thanks again guys.....till next time!

3 comments:

amylynne said...

I'm really enjoying your nice photographs! It's something I've always wanted to get better at--and your pictures are all way good! Keep up the good work! :)

smith scratch said...

Z is such a cutie, and you are right it sure has been beautiful outside! We'll have to play sometime soon.

Tyler and ShaeLee May said...

oh the greatness of getting away! I'm jealous, I more than need to escape life here in Oakland, even just for a weekend. That last picture of the water is sweet!