3.30.2009

The ranch.

On Saturday we celebrated yet another birthday. For the past three weeks we've had a birthday party every Saturday. It's been fun to see the kids get together and play. At this particular party we were able to go to the family's ranch and run wild. Here is Z eating up some good food. Don't worry the plate next to Z's is mine :)
Next, we had the tire swing. Soren loved it! I put Z on and she didn't take to it, she wanted down. I'm thinking it was uncomfortable for her because at the park it's torture to take her out of the swing.
Here were some of the kids. They were supposed to be listening to the adult talk to them about the rules of the horses and how they needed to take turns. Z was being very respectful and listening to every detail.

Here is a scenery shot of the ranch. I believe they own over 100 acres of land! It was absolutely beautiful and the weather was wonderful being in the mid 70's. On the opposite side there was a reservoir that looked refreshing. I know Papa J would have wanted to take a boat out for a run on the glassy water.

Little Z and I were able to get a ride on the horses. She doesn't look thrilled, does she? She enjoyed it, but not as much as I would have thought. She was more into petting and admiring them.
At the end the kids were able to take a whack at the pinata. It took awhile and a little bit of the adults help to break it open, but Z was thrilled with her one treat.
Wow! We enjoyed ourselves so much. We wish Papa J could have joined us. He was playing in a basketball tournament for school. Thanks friends for inviting us, we had a great time!