4.22.2009

Little girls.

This morning was great. We got up, walked around the lake, stopped by the park and were home by 11am. Just in time to fix lunch and get ready for the afternoon nap. After lunch I was checking some things on the computer. While doing so, Z kept coming and giving me my lip glosses from my purse. She of course was putting them on smearing all of the gloss around her chin because getting it on your actual lips is hard. No big deal, I'm used to it. As she was giving them back to me, I put them up high out of reach and didn't think much of it. Then the awkward silence began. If you're a parent, you know silence is not a good thing, unless they are asleep. I thought my purse was empty of anything else and that she couldn't have found anything of real interest. Wrong. This is how I found her in her bedroom:





An entire stick of lipstick thoroughly used to the max. Sweet. I calmly put her in the tub and now have a pink ring around my bathtub to clean as well. Thanks to OxyClean my carpets are clean. I'm hoping it does the same wonder on her clothes. I've been soaking them and am now running them through the wash as I type. I'm crossing my fingers they come out clean. I just can't wait until I have another little girl so Z can show her the ropes. I'm hoping you catch my sarcasm. Let's pray the remainder of the day isn't so bad. But really, who can stay mad at such a sweet little face? I think we'll make cookies when she wakes up.

5 comments:

Silvia and Steven said...

Ha ha I know the "silence" it always means that something is up with the little ones. But hey now you have an extra memory and luckily the "damage" was/ should be fixed :O)

Managers.Magnolia said...

These are the moments when cameras are just an absolute treasure! These ones definitely should go in her wedding slide show! ;o) lol

Nicole said...

haha very very cute! Great job on the pics. I love being able to see you get better and better. Can't wait to see you guys next month! ;)

toni said...

Good thing she went down so you could unwind. I would have lost my cool. Good Job! What a mess! Will it ever get easier?

Ashley said...

It could have been poop. (While easier to clean, much grosser!)