4.15.2009

Visting the G-Parents.

Our spring break consisted of different adventures. Papa J took off to sunny San Diego for the week, while I ventured off to the rainy northern coast. Z and I decided we didn't want to be alone for the week and that a trip home was necessary. We enjoyed spending time with the grandparents one on one. It doesn't happen all that often, so we took advantage. We played at the park, baked breads, made cupcake pops, crocheted, quilted and watched American Idol. I forget what it is like to have TV, nonetheless TIVO to tape all of the shows and watch them without commercials. I think the grandparents enjoyed having a little companion around to keep them on their toes. In the picture below you'll see black marks near Z's eyes. She loves to do makeup and now is into mascara. I've put it on her tips a few times and grandma enjoyed doing her eyes as well. Unfortunately Z doesn't know how to not rub her eyes and not smear it. I'm sure she'll care one day.

Everytime grandpa suggested a movie, Z was right by his side. This time they fell asleep to Wall-E. I didn't think she'd actually crash, but she did peacefully in his lap. I couldn't resist taking a photo of the two snuggling.
Here are the cupcake pops my mom and I made. More time consuming than we thought, but they turned out great! We've learned that we need a smaller cookie cutter to get a better cupcake effect or else make our cupcakes bigger. We then wrapped them up in a cute pot and gave them to my aunt for Easter. I'm hoping she enjoyed them. I'll be making them again for sure.

No comments: