6.29.2009

The magic is over.

(This is where we stayed.)

We (more like I) have survived our Disneyland adventure. It was magical and exhausting and I'm glad it's over.

My brother and sister were able to spend a couple of days with us which definitely made our trip. It was fun to see them and my brother was a huge help with the kids.

Papa J spent the first two days in meetings, but was able to catch up with us at night. I took a break from the park on Wed with Z and had a very relaxing day. We hit up the Neverland Pool, dined, napped, dined again and hit the pool (again) with dad and uncle. I don't think I would have made it through the rest of the week had I not rested that day.

The weather was great. It was hot in the parks, but mainly due to the congestion of people. I made sure I drank plenty of water in order to avoid swelling.

Before we left we set out a plan. I'm glad we stuck to our plan and budget. It's easy to get carried away while in the park, but I'm happy to report we made it through on a student budget. Nothing like peanut butter and honey sandwiches to get you through the day. Of course we packed lots of snacks to avoid the vendors as well. Everything is WAY over priced. We waited until the last day to buy our souvenirs and only purchased a Minnie plush and a Mickey t-shirt for Z. She loved them both.

3 comments:

Luanne Hardy said...

It looks like you guys know how to have so much fun!

The Lively's said...

Oh the memories! I am glad you had fun! I felt the same way you did! It helps having a friend for her to play with. I think Kyle would have done so much better if that was the case. You guys met a lot of fun characters lucky you!

Tyler and ShaeLee May said...

Fun! Glad you made it through the week. Busy, but fun, right? I love all the princess pictures, those are so timeless!