I've mentioned before on previous posts how nice it is to live close to family. Not only J's parents are close, but we are living (somewhat) close to my parents as well.
Every time my parents stop by for their short visit, Papa J reminds me that Iowa was would have been a bad choice for us. We wouldn't see both sets of parents often, the housing market dropped (if we chose Iowa, I was wanted to buy) and then we would have been flooded in (Iowa City flood 2008).
"Yes, I know." I reply. I never did argue with moving back to California.
So this past week we had another little short visit from my parents. Traveling through as always, we are happy to make them comfortable for the night. Z just adores her grandparents and loves every visit with them. She is always sad to see them go. Last visit she reminded me of where grandma sits in the car.
Short as the visits are, we still enjoy the many that we have and take advantage of every one. On Wednesday I was able to take my mom to a local quilt shop where she fell in love. It looks like it's going to be a hot spot from now on. I'm glad my mom and I share the same passion for sewing. I never would have pictured it when I was in high school, but I'm turning out to be just like my mom. Yep, I said it and I'm not ashamed. I love her.
6.14.2009
A nice visit.
Love,
Janelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm jealous you live so close to your families. But, how nice for Z!
I totally feel the same way about my mom. We started taking a quilting class together in January and it's been a blast. I have a lot to learn from her though! I hope I can be not only an incredible seamstress like her someday but an overall amazing person!
I love your parents. :)
Post a Comment