7.08.2009

Family time.

After the board exam last week, Z and I had Papa J all to ourselves. Our anniversary was on Thursday, but we made it into a family day since we really didn't plan ahead. We've been talking about taking the ferry into the city for sometime now, so that's what we decided to do. We hopped on board and enjoyed the boat ride. To my surprise the ferry trip didn't take long at all. Maybe 10 minutes at the most. You can either exit at the Ferry Terminal or Pier 41 (Fisherman's Wharf). We decided on the later and started our little outing. We didn't have any specific plans, so we walked around as if we were tourists. We always enjoy the entertainers along the sidewalk path and caught a few we haven't seen before.

We also wanted to get some fresh (live) crab and bring it home, but we couldn't justify $12.95/lb. We figure it's at our fingertips any time we like. We did end up getting a clam chowder bread bowl to share and that was about it.
On Friday, we also decided to venture out, but with very little plans again. We headed back to the city via car and had lunch at Tommy's Joynt. Papa J was first introduced by a Dr. he had clinic with. He's raved about it ever since and has talked about taking me there. It was delicious! I recommend it if your in the area. I don't know about the dinner setting, but for lunch it was perfect.

Afterwards we decided to be tourists again and head over to the Golden Gate Bridge. We were going to stop at the lookouts to grab some pictures, but it was tourist heaven. So we continued up the 101 and found ourselves in Sausalito. Have you ever been there? It's darling. I wanted to shop around, but unfortunately we didn't have our stroller and Z was snoozing in the back seat. It was such a beautiful day and we loved being on such a relaxed agenda. There was a cute hotel right at the heart of the city and harbor that we laid our eyes on. We've decided that's where we will spend next year's anniversary. Without the kids of course. We may even venture back via ferry again to save time from driving through the city.
It was so nice to have time as a family without any school, clinics or exams going on. It was definitely a rare occasion for us and I'm glad we took it day by day and enjoyed ourselves without running around trying to get everything done. Very refreshing.

3 comments:

Luanne Hardy said...

Man I need some tips from you of how to have a good time. You really know how to do these fun spontaneous things.

Kara said...

I feel refreshed hearing about how you were refreshed. Ahhhh...

Tyler and ShaeLee May said...

Why isn't Jeremy gaining sympathy weight with you? I swear he looks skinnier than ever!