7.22.2009

Dim sum.

Dim sum (literally meaning "a bit of heart") is the name for a Chinese cuisine which involves a wide range of light dishes served alongside Chinese tea.

Yesterday my wonderful visiting teacher took Z and I out to dim sum. Papa J was supposed to join us, but his clinic was switched last minute. We live just blocks away from China town and I have not yet gone exploring. She graciously offered to take me and let me try some authentic dishes of the Chinese culture. We had so much fun exploring new foods. I acted like a complete tourist when I broke out the camera (not to mention we were the only white folks there), but I wanted to document our luncheon and show Papa J what he missed out on.

I tried all, but one dish. Z ate some shrimp and noodles, but favored the pastries. We had a great time and I now can go back and take Papa J with me and do a little more exploring feeling a little more comfortable.

I'm so glad I have met Leelee and I love having her as my visiting teacher. She always goes beyond what is asked of her. Isn't she just the cutest?



6 comments:

Luanne Hardy said...

I LOVE Dim Sum. I'm jealous that you went.

Managers.Magnolia said...

oh my heck that all looks soooo good! I hope you remember what she ordered! I'm definitely going to have to go there soon!

RC Cola said...

So fun. I love that you guys did that together. What an awesome visiting teacher you have.

Tyler and ShaeLee May said...

You are so brave. I'm not so good at trying authentic foods. That's cool that your VT actually thinks of you. Weren't we visiting teaching partners? Oops! Props to her!

Jamie said...

Love, Love, Love Dim Sum!

Kara said...

So fun! That all looks so yummy. We lived next door to an Asian family for aout a year and they loved having us over and teaching us methods of cooking. I'm so happy you had this experience!