8.19.2009

Tri for FUN.

Photobucket

A couple of weeks ago, Papa J did a Tri for FUN. It consisted of a 1/2 mile swim, 16 mile bike course and a 3 mile run. This was his first one and probably not the last. A friend of ours asked him to do it 3 weeks before the actual race. He then recruited another good friend to join him (pictured above). He didn't have a road bike until the week before the race and literally tuned it up and tried it out the day before. For not being super prepared before hand, he did great! He now has a time to beat in future triathlons. I guess it helps he has a major background in swimming and has been consistent in running and exercising. He now sees the pay off.

Little Z was a trooper. I didn't exactly know what to expect at the venue and later realized I should have brought her swimsuit. Oh well. She still enjoyed hanging out with me and petting every dog in site. Next time we'll be a little more prepared, but for leaving at 5am and for her not falling back asleep in the car, she was a dream. Maybe next time I'll be a participant as well...it looked like so much fun! I will definitely need to be trained for the swimming portion as I am not as excellent a swimmer as my wonderful husband.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Luanne Hardy said...

I really want to do a triathlon but have yet to be able to afford it! So way to be ambitious.

Kara said...

Jeremy (sp?) is lookin' good! Way to go, doc!

Amy said...

Way to go! I want in on the next one too (if I can find a bike and time to train). Hmmmm