
Little Z is quite fascinated with bugs and critters. It's funny because she loves her dresses to twirl in and all her little "pretties" (bracelets and such), but when it comes to dirt, bugs and trucks, she's right there with the boys.
She's not afraid of catching a bug and showing him off. Well that was until we visited my parents. I've told lots of my friends and family about how she loves to catch bees. No joke. She watches them fly around in the flowers and then just picks them up. Yep, that easy. Every Sunday after church it was her ritual. We told her over and over to be careful because they might sting her, but of course she didn't know exactly what that meant.
While we were at my parents home, she did her thing and caught a bee. She brought it in the house to show me. "Look at that, mommy! Look at that!," she said as she was approaching me. Then she started to fiddle with it, and then that's when I started to stir because she had a bee and I was nursing Cici. Unfortunately we know what happened next. She got stung right on her thumb. I was a little nervous as to how it would affect her. I've never been stung and I didn't want her to have a bad reaction to the sting. Luckily she took it like a champ. I'm not saying she didn't cry, cause she did, but as soon as the miracle bandaid went on, all was better.
My sister caught and smashed the bee that stung my little girl, but before he went into the trash I took a picture of him. All for the memories of course.
Now Z is a little more careful when it comes to bees. She still enjoys looking at them, but she gets nervous if they start flying around her. Lesson learned.
9.17.2009
Bug Whisperer.
Love,
Janelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
AHHH! Teigan is JUST LIKE Zoe. Only we were around Utah and the black widows and I even saw a brown recluse (sp?) and Teigan kept telling me 'no, not dangerous, mama!!!!!!!! AHH! I was very worried for a few weeks to say the least. Good thing Z isn't allergic to bees!
Post a Comment