
I've spent the last two weeks in my mother's care. After having Cici, the plan was to send Z to my mother's so she could play with her cousins and I could rest. After about five minutes of thought, plans changed and the girls and I headed up to my parents house for some R & R. No I didn't drive 9 hours by myself. My brother offered to drive the girls and I and we just couldn't pass up the offer. So away we went.
My family had just finished up with a reunion that I obviously didn't attend due to my condition, but I was lucky enough to catch my siblings, nieces and nephew before they headed back to their homes. I only wish I could have spent more time with them. It was a rare occasion that my family was altogether and I'm sad to have missed out on the fun, but it's okay because I brought a beautiful girl into the world instead.
I sure am missing the 10am sleep ins, the large backyard, and free babysitting. And not to mention all the goodies my parents garden had to offer. But it's back to reality and taking care of my two girls.
My mother helped me drive the girls and I back home and then stayed the rest of the week with us. It was sure nice having an extra set of hands during the day. I didn't know how I was going to get through today. Somehow I managed.
While I was at home, I eyed a blanket my mom had. An idea for a photo shoot of Cici popped into my head. So that's where these pictures came from. These are just a couple of my favorites at just a week and a half old.



You can kind of see the lengthiness (is that a word?) of her fingers and toes, but unfortunately you have to see them in person to get the full effect. They are especially long and she did not inherit them from either myself or Papa J. But apparently one of us carries the gene. We're just not sure which one.
And there will be more posts of my visit home. Be patient. I'm just getting into the swing of things.
9.08.2009
On my own.
Love,
Janelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
She is the cutest little thing I have ever seen! Your photography skillz are rockin! By the way, let me know if I can help out at all. Z is welcome to come along for a park day in your neighborhood any time.
so cute j! you are such a good photographer!
She is Beautiful!!! Hope all is well with you guys!!
very cute. I've been waiting for more pictures :) I miss her and her yummy new baby smell. WE love you and miss you all. We had so much fun with you there.
steph
Moms are the best! We want to bring you dinner sometime soon. Let me know when you want it. Cici is darling!
Those photos are professional, good job, she is beautiful and I love the name. Dad was telling us about the toes and he was right, Amara and I have something in common already. Oh and I love the initials. Sierra
It is nice to have help those first few weeks. It is a completely different experience when you have two to take care of. But it is still a sweet experience.
Beautiful Pictures!! :O)
Such a little cutie! I'm totally loving that blanket!
Great pix, Miss Puente! She's so gorgeous.
She is beautiful! Congratulations-this is Melinda btw not Joseph
Cute Pictures! She is Darling!
Post a Comment