Since Papa J has the month off of clinic, he flew to New York to have a guys trip with his grandpa, dad, brother, uncle and cousin. They golfed for three days. And wore silly matching golf outfits.
I was glad J got to go. He needs a vacation every once and awhile. He studies hard, works hard and now it was his turn to play hard. Plus he's never been to his grandpa's house. He needed to go.
The first day he was there his grandpa took him to Palmyra. The next day the rest of the gang showed up and golfing they went for the next three days. He also toured the town his father grew up in, visited a cow milking farm, and escaped to Niagara Falls. Oh and I can't forget that he and his brother swam the bay by his grandpa's house in the rain. Luckily they had their wetsuits.
Papa J came home refreshed. He also came home to three girls anxiously awaiting his return (with a list of chores for the apartments). But nonetheless we missed him. And thankfully I wasn't completely alone with two children. Grandma took Z for four days and really lightened my load. I was actually able to sew for a change and more importantly clean up the house!
Unfortunately Papa J didn't take his camera, but we were able to upload these pictures from his dad's. Don't worry Pop, we didn't erase the card, just copied the pictures to our computer. Here's a nice rainbow picture the boys captured at Niagra Falls.





4 comments:
And will mama get to go on a girls' getaway one day without the kids???
I was dying until you said G took Z. WHEW! Getaways are definitely nice when the other party isn't stressing enough for two adults. I'm with Marisa......when's it your turn??
The matching outfits crack me up. I'm glad J got a break.
Good for him! School is tough. Does that mean you get to come visit me? You can even bring the kids with you, I have plenty of room!
Post a Comment