This year we got our tree early. As in the weekend before Thanksgiving. Our friends found a place in the hills of Santa Cruz where you can cut your own tree. Our friends left in the morning and we didn't decide to go until the afternoon, so we arrived an hour before sundown. The road to the tree lot was narrow and windy with lots of tall dark trees. Z's famous quote of the trip, "I know we are getting our Christmas tree, but it's just a little bit scary."
We weren't prepared for the cold, so we played for a short while and then headed out to find a suitable tree. Our apartment is small and we don't have much extra room so we were looking for a tree around 5' tall and nice and full. This isn't our tree (below), but I wanted a picture before I had to sit down and nurse Cici. Z and Papa J did an excellent job cutting our tree. Z was determined to cut it herself though Papa had to eventually help her.After the tree was cut, Papa J tried to put it on the cart to take it over to be measured and wrapped. For some reason, Z did not like that idea. She was very upset that the tree had taken over her cart. I couldn't help it, but I had to capture the moment of her crying.
She finally forgave us and we headed home. Sunday after church we pulled out our Christmas decorations and spruced up our little abode. Z absolutely loved decorating the tree. After all our ornaments were placed, she decided she needed more and went into her room and brought out her bracelets and such to hang on the tree as well. As you can see in the picture below she had her favorite spots on the tree to place ornaments. You can say it is a little bottom heavy.
12.10.2009
O Christmas Tree.
Love,
Janelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so, so, so cute. Great idea to put it up off the floor!
I'm so excited to hear that there is a place like that in the bay area!! I'm going to HAVE to ask you for details on Sunday so I can prepare for next year.
Post a Comment