

I have been borrowing my friend's film SLR cameras and am having fun reverting back to film. The first time I went to pick up my film, I was a little nervous, but excited. Remember that curiosity feeling of not knowing what your pictures will look like? Did it take? How was the exposure? Did I capture that moment I was hoping for? I thought about the picture before I pressed the shutter button. A roll of film only holds 24 pictures, so I wasn't trigger happy like with a digital. It kept me thinking about what I was wanting to capture.
Surprisingly it's not as expensive as I was anticipating. I had to buy some batteries for one of the cameras, but for 24 pictures on a CD, it cost a little over $5. Not bad considering I never print out any of my digitals anymore. I bought 5 rolls of film - 3 b&w, 2 color. It's been giving me more practice as I gear up and save for a digital SLR camera. I'm hoping it will be my big birthday present (hint, hint!) this year.
I think my most favorite about using the cameras was the manual focus on the lens. At first it was kind of frustrating, but in the end it gave me a lot of practice and allowed me to focus on what I wanted rather than having the camera try and figure it out for me (which doesn't always work).
So here are a few pictures that I liked.



5 comments:
fun pictures! I despise film. The learning curve is so long. J has a film SLR and by the time I would develop the darn stuff, I would have forgotten what I did! ah. What digital equipment do you have your eye on? What do you have now??
J lots of those turned out great. Especially the ones of Zoe and her bike! Nice work!
Awe!!!! Those are so good J. Please come to slc and take our family pictures!!! I would love to take a photo class and get a cool camera like that! Again those are awesome!
i LOVE these photos, Z is such a doll.
We sure miss you guys.
These turned out so great!
Post a Comment