1.11.2010

Pretty in Pink.

The other day we finally got outside to play and run some errands. We've been laying low these last couple of weeks since the weather hasn't been as sunny and warm as I'd like. I sound like a weather snob, don't I? But I sent Papa J to work with the car leaving me the stroller as our transportation. It was good to get some fresh air and not to mention exercise. I'm lacking in that department and my body is crying out to me.

We headed to the bank for our routine apartment deposit. Then we headed towards the park. Z wanted to stop at this little play area, but after some teenagers came along and started using foul language (I hate that they are inconsiderate when little children are near) we moved on to the children's playground. Along the way, we spotted a puddle and put Z's new rain boots to action. I'm not sure why, but it made me smile the way she splashed in the water. I enjoyed watching her be an innocent kid.

I'm already anticipating spring and summer weather where we can get out and play more and the sun stays out longer.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Your girls are soooo adorable! I love Z splashing in the puddle, it makes me want to get out and splash myself.

Tyler and ShaeLee May said...

Definitely a weather snob :) j/k If I went outside on a walk right now, I'd have to put boots on, snow pants on, gloves, hats and heavy coats. Maybe not the snow pants, but you get the idea. It's freezing here. I miss that Oakland weather for sure!

smith scratch said...

I love her upside-down sunglasses!

Kara said...

It makes me want to cry a little how wonderful your weather looks! I would die if we could go outside in a dress and sweater. :)

Luanne Hardy said...

My favorite part is Zoe's glasses! Those are so stylin!

RC Cola said...

That is the cutest picture of Zoe jumping in the puddle.

David said...

It looks like your daughter loves pink as much as mine. The other day I looked around our living room and realized how many different shades of pink I could see at the same time.