2.09.2010

Nightie Night.


Z has a nightgown she loves to wear. It's getting shorter (rather she is growing taller) and since it's winter time I have her wear leggings underneath. The reason she loves it so much is because it's like wearing a dress to bed. Every girls dream, right? I wanted to find a pattern for a nightgown so I could make her more pajamas. I found a pattern (one of my 99 cent deals) and grabbed some fabric in the clearance section. It's not my favorite fabric choice, but it turned out a lot cuter than I was expecting. The pattern was less complicated than the jacket and in turn was finished in a couple of nights. Well it is almost finished. I still need to fix one of the arms and add a button for the back. Z loves it and again was excited that mom made something for her. On a funny note, she now thinks I make a lot of things including some of her shoes. In her eyes, I can make anything! She makes me feel special.

The best part, for me, is watching her twirl 'til her little heart's content. ❤


2 comments:

Kara said...

SO CUte! I love nightgowns and wore them all the time growing up.

Nicole said...

VERY very cute! I really am loving all this stuff you are making! I'm so wishing we lived nearer so I could take a lesson from ya ;)