4.19.2010

Our lazy Sunday.

Sunday was such a gorgeous spring day. Now that we are on the earlier church schedule, we can take full advantage of our afternoons. So before it was too late, we hopped into the car and headed over to the city. There has been a beach I've wanted to explore and take pictures of because of the gorgeous view. Both Papa J and I have never been there and actually he had never heard of it!


We arrived around 5:30pm and the light was wonderful. Z immediately wanted to play in the water and Cici was itching to get into the sand. While the hubby and kids played, I took a few pictures.

Here are a couple of my attempts at some sun flare. After reading up on it some more, I will try some different settings.



We left the beach just as the sun was setting. I'm so glad we got out of the house and had some fun on our Sunday afternoon. This little outing reminded me that I need to get working on my jean quilt I have planned. I've been wanting a good outdoors blanket/quilt that we can take around and not worry about getting dirty. I better get on it before summer officially hits.

When we got home, Papa J was very excited to cook up our crab we had purchased on Saturday. We had Alaskan King Crab legs and Dungeness Crab. They were delicious and we both agreed the Dungeness crab meat was a lot sweeter and tastier. It was definitely worth the splurge and the perfect ending to our beach outing.

4 comments:

Teandra said...

You are such a great photographer!

Luanne Hardy said...

That beach is beautiful, where is it at?

Sweet November said...

Sunday was a beautiful day! Good luck on the quilt. I'm making one too! Just finished cutting the jeans apart. But designing a pattern is harder than I thought! OR I could just be way to picky! Probably the latter!

rachelspiers said...

Great pics Janelle! I especially love the one of A. on the beach with that sunny light. pretty!