4.21.2010

San Diego-The beach.


Three weeks ago, we were lucky enough to escape to sunny southern California. Papa J and some of his classmates were involved in a Medical Mission (a.k.a free foot care for the less privileged) in San Ysidro so naturally the girls and I tagged along. Who wouldn't want a mini vacation in San Diego?


Lucky for me, my brother lives down there as well. He was more than happy to have us in town so we made the most of it. The first day Papa J took off to work and the girls and I headed to the beach with my brother. Z loved it! My brother had her on his foam board riding the waves as they came to shore. We also did the usual build a sand castle (or tried to before Z destroyed it), throw rocks in the water, and get buried type of activities.




And of course our day wouldn't be complete without getting sand in every crack and crevice of our bodies.

4 comments:

The Lively's said...

Great Photos! I had to laugh at the pictures of all those surfboards and then you see a little car seat, too funny! Then you have to have more pictures of your hot brother! Aghhh! :) Anyhoo looks like fun! And I think I'm keeping myself too busy and not Kyle with all the games and practices. Swimming will have to wait!

toni said...

It's so fun to see the pics of your family. They all still look the same! Your girls are so cute! We wish it was warm here, but we'll live vicariously through you!

Tyler and ShaeLee May said...

love that cici's lovin the sand! so funny that she doesn't mind the grit in her mouth.

Sweet November said...

LOL! I'm not sure I'm excited for sand. These photos are all so great.