The last day of our mini vacation was spent at the beach again. Papa J is always itching to get into the water and he really wanted to go surfing. He was also determined to get me into the water.
My brother is a surfing addict. He and his roommates surf all.the.time. They even have a house full of surfboards. I took a couple of pictures just to document.
The second set of boards are boards that his roommate buys, fixes up, and then re-sales. But seriously they live to surf. My brother also teaches surf lessons so naturally he wanted to get me into the water as well. Luckily his roommate had a wetsuit I borrowed, otherwise I wouldn't have even thought of it.
Papa J was the first to get in. He had a little trouble at first, but then got the hang of it. Both he and my brother caught the same wave and rode it together. Too bad I was watching two little girls so I wasn't able to get a pic, but I still got him riding a wave. And to all of you surfers out there, we know these waves are small. We do not at all call ourselves surfers by any means.
We were sad when we had to leave, as all things come to an end, but we have even more reasons to go back. My brother was so stoked that we surfed together and is now determined Papa J does his residency in San Diego. We only wish.
And if this post isn't the longest I have ever done, I'm throwing in one more picture for those who are still with me. This is just to document our traveling experience with two kids. Really there is only so much you can do when going through security. Why not put the kid through as well. Really, though. How do people do it with multiple children? Luckily the airport was dead and so I was able to snap a picture really quick, but when the lines are incredibly long and people are rushing to catch their flight, there is so much pressure to get through security quickly. It's enough to get my own shoes off and such and then to add our carry-ons, stroller and two children. Man, makes me break out in a sweat again just thinking about it.
5 comments:
HOW FUN! You look SO good riding that surf! Glad you guys got to take a mini vaca. You definitely deserve it. Oh and yea I feel you on the flying with 2 kids thing. Such a HUGE ordeal. Yea, imagine that but worse traveling from the East to West coast. Not looking forward to that in 2 weeks. All by myself too! ay yi yi. Anyways, love the post and pics! ;) Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks and meet Cici for the first time!!!
You look like a natural! It's always nice to learn things about your family. Thanks for sharing.
I love minivacays! And when they're in a warm spot its even better. I love the closeups of C. So adorable. Love the surfer climbing shot, too.
I love the pic of you & Z on the surfboard together! So awesome!
so fun, so jealous and you look so freakin hot on your surf board!
Post a Comment