6.15.2010

Sand dollar beach.

Over Memorial weekend we stayed in a beautiful beach house with Papa J's family. Each morning we woke up to the beautiful sound of crashing waves and each night we enjoyed the colorful sunsets from our front porch. It was heaven.


What was even more exciting was the plethora of sand dollars we were able to collect. One morning when Cici was struggling to sleep in, Papa J took her on a walk along the beach. While on his stroll, he was able to collect all of the sand dollars in the picture above. All of the kids enjoyed finding the sand dollars (including a couple of live ones), dead and live crabs, sea shells, and even jelly fish. We were really spoiled this year and loved every minute of it. We are hoping to return to our so called 'Sand Dollar Beach' next year.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow that is a TON of sand dollars! Where is this heavenly beach?

The Lively's said...

How relaxing! That is a plethera of sand dollars! Did I mention I laughed when I heard your usage of the word plethera! ; )