Whenever I gather up enough courage to make the 7 hr drive home to my parents house, I'm always glad to see the golden bears (there are two-one on each side of the bridge) because I know I'm only 20 min away from pulling into my parents driveway. I also know that I just survived a 7 hr + road trip with my girls. Alone. The bears are a reminiscence of home and every time I drive past them I can't help but think I need a picture. So this time around, we pulled over and snapped a picture of my dear friends.
It reminds me that I've just started the 7+hr drive back home. Not fun. And I'm not sure what it is, but whenever I'm alone driving with the girls, they seem to do fine. It's when Papa J joins us, things happen. Like Cici throwing up all over herself and having to clean everything up in the middle of nowhere. Or Z having to go to the bathroom with no facilities within a 10 mile radius. I'm just glad she doesn't mind the side of the road. I should be grateful I don't have a girly-girl.

3 comments:
I remember when we first moved up there, dad kept us kids excited by keeping a look out for the golden bears. I remember that everytime I see them, 30 yrs later...ouch.
Love your top picture! And it is always so sad when a trip comes to an end.
Good job for braving 'things' to go back home. I think it's so important to do that once in a while.
Post a Comment