9.23.2010

Labor Day.

I was still in CC with my parents for labor day weekend. Papa J was at his parents house. So while I picnicked with my parents at the usual Jedediah State Park, he was out boating with his family and friends.


We had yet another beautiful day at the river. Z's favorite part was collecting pollywogs (tadpoles). Her cousins, who had visited before us, caught a few and they happened to be still alive at my parents house. Z decided she needed to have a few for herself, too. (Side note: this girl needs a pet, she is currently into snails!) She had gathered up about 10 of the them and then another little boy dumped them all out. I helped her catch a few more - 6 to be exact - and then we headed home with them in our bucket. Z was so obsessed about them, she went to check on them every 10 minutes to make sure they were okay. She would catch them in her hands, pet them and talk to them saying, "it's okay, we'll keep you nice and warm." Unfortunately each time she checked on them, she'd drop one through the cracks on the porch. We were down to 3. When we were getting ready to head home, she couldn't leave them behind, so we put them in a jar for safe travel. When we got home we put the jar on our porch, but in all the craziness of our weekend plans, we forgot to undo the lid. The poor things died and I have yet to confess it to Z. Thank goodness she has forgotten about them, or I think we would have an award winning meltdown.


No comments: