Look who's 4! Z had a Tangled birthday party this past weekend to celebrate her fourth birthday. She originally had wanted a Tiana (Princess & the Frog) party, but we finally received Tangled on Netflix and she immediately changed her mind.
I was a little stumped on how I would execute the cake. Papa J wanted the challenge of putting the tower together so I let him participate to get him involved. He ended up hot gluing the graham crackers to a cardboard cylinder and I used frosting for the shingles. It was fun to see the kids 'ooh & ahh' over the cake and it was so rewarding to see Z so excited. She was thrilled and couldn't wait to eat it!
I had a little craft for the kids as we made Pascal blowers out of craft foam. Unfortunately we had some accidents with the hot glue (small ones) which makes me want to invest in a cold glue gun for future crafts.
We then headed outside to take turns whacking the pinata. My nephew got really into hitting the pinata and I love his facial expression here.
Z got some cute gifts from her cousins and grandparents, but I think she was most excited to finally receive her pillow pet. She has been asking for one since Christmas, but she had to earn it. She has been routinely sneaking into our bed at night and so to persuade her otherwise we told her she had to stay in her bed all night for 10 nights to earn her pillow pet. I kept a sticker chart so she could see her progress. She kept her bargain of the deal and so did we. She was really excited and did her happy dance when she opened it up! Though she doesn't have to same excited look in this picture, she really was happy.
I can't believe my oldest is now 4 years old. Time sure is flying by. I hope we have some good changes this upcoming year. Can anyone tell me what 4 year old's bring?
5.03.2011
4.
Love,
Janelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Z! What an amazing cake!
Happy Birthday Z!
That cake is AMAZING.
Looks like a great party! Last Saturday I ran the Parkway Half. I got J's txt after the race, but unfortunately had to head straight to Concord for our neice's Bday party. And on top of that, I forgot my phn so I couldnt txt him back.....sorry! Hopefully we can catch ya nxt time!
my four year old brought another year of different craziness but I think it's starting to dwindle as we round the corner to numero cinco.
Post a Comment