9.05.2011

All grown up.

Though we celebrated birthdays with family, I still felt Cici needed her own little celebration for turning 2. The costume party with cousins was a week earlier than her birthday and the day of her actual birthday I was gone most of the day shooting a wedding. I felt horrible, but then again she didn't really know the exact date or really care about having a party. But I cared and I wanted to make it up to her. And I was really going to make her a cake of her own, but guess what? I failed because our day slipped by. So we ended up buying an angel food cake and putting two candles on it. What happened to me? I think I've lost my ability to get my craft on....help!

Moving on.

The girls cared nonetheless about having a dazzled cake (well Z did a little). I think it was more important that we celebrated as a family seeing as we don't get the opportunity to be with each other all that often any more. So it was nice and quaint and very casual.

Here the girls are showing me just how excited they are to eat cake:

And when it wasn't quite ready yet, they got a little restless...
But then we sang a lovely rendition of 'Happy Birthday' and she smiled from ear to ear. And blew out her two candles.


We also had a little fun with the whipped cream. Yes we did add some berries and whipped cream to the cake so it wasn't just plain! The girls couldn't quite figure out how the aerosol can worked. They just kept sucking on the tip hoping to get a little sugar. It was really entertaining to watch and tease them just a little. We finally showed them how it worked and they each had multiple mouths full of whipped cream.

Though I didn't go all out with a cake and party decorations, I was still happy that we had fun as a family. That's all that really matters in the end.

1 comment:

Kara said...

I totally feel the same way. FOr two year we've been driving to Utah on B's bday. Of course, she didn't know, but I KNEW. You know? I love that first shot of C looking to big sister for what to do. And C's bangs are looking pretty cute ;) She's such a doll. They look so different, hey? Z like dad, c like mom. Miss you guys.