9.03.2011

Tangled.

My girls are completely obsessed with Tangled. After renting it through Netflix and not being able to keep it forever, we felt it was time to purchase it for our keeping. At the time Z was acting up and we felt it wasn't right that we rewarded her for bad behavior. So Papa J suggested if she wanted to buy the movie, she could use the money in her piggy bank. Z didn't argue and was completely excited to buy her movie with her very own money! To help her out, we printed off a coupon and we headed out to Target.

It took us a while to find the exact movie for the coupon (it was a Blu-Ray DVD combo pack), but once we found it, we headed straight to the register - piggy bank in hand.

To be honest, I was going to trade in the coins from her piggy bank for dollars, but Papa J said no. He thought it would be more fun to pay with coins. And it was, but it was also a little embarrassing. But I took pictures nonetheless and of course Z didn't mind, she was ecstatic!

I think the lady at the register thought it was cute, but I'm sure she was a little frustrated and hoped her till was balanced at the end of the day.

You'd think that Z would want to buy more things with her piggy bank money, but I'm glad she doesn't. I want her to keep collecting coins and saving her money. But I do think it was a good little lesson on how she can save for items she really wants. I love when the girls spot pennies and they claim them like gold. Every penny counts and they really do add up after awhile.

2 comments:

Kara said...

ooOOOoo good! I had T earn a bike basket the other week. Much more rewarding, for sure.

Sweet November said...

LOL! Derek teased me for collecting coins till I made $25 that I didn't share with him!