10.25.2011

Reminiscing of NYC.

For the past few nights, I've been thinking about NYC and flipping through my pictures. I never finished posting about my fabulous trip and Nov is around the corner. So here I am posting my Brooklyn Bridge pictures because it was thee highlight of my trip.

My brother Steven is friends with everyone and it's no exception with the people of NY. His friends let us borrow their cruisers so we could ride around town and over the Brooklyn Bridge. It was so much fun. The weather was great (rain sprinkling off and on, but still humid and warm). While Steven and his friend went back to get their bikes to join, Stephanie (my sister) and I cruised along the beach. We just followed the bike trail until we met up with my brother. It was nice going at our own pace and enjoying the scenery around us.
Once we met up with Steven we had to ride through town and find our way onto the bike path of the bridge. My sister and I were without helmets and on cruisers while my brother and Amelia were on their ten speeds. There were a couple of times where I thought we were going to die, but thankfully we didn't. I'm not used to riding along side of cars on the street and definitely not at NY speed. It was a crazy rush.

Now the Brooklyn Bridge doesn't look steep, but on a cruiser it's a different story. I had to peddle my heart out just to make it up the incline without stopping. With all the people around I didn't want to have to stop and walk my bike so I pushed through and once we reached the "summit" we stopped and took a few pictures. It was a nice little break not only for my legs, but a great moment to take in the views.


After our picture taking we hopped back on our bikes and it was smooth sailing down the bridge. My brother led the way honking at all the pedestrians walking in the bike lane. When the bridge ended we headed to Grimaldi's for our pizza pick up and onto the park with our scenic view of the city. (If you remember, I posted a couple of pictures here.)

1 comment:

The Lively's said...

Love the photos!!! Especially of you three...awe tender! :)