A few weeks ago my parents came down for a small surprise visit. The girls were thrilled and they loved relaxing in the recliner with Grandpa.
My mom also surprised the girls with pumpkins and squash from her garden. It's always a lovely treat to have fresh garden produce. My mom had let the squash over grow (on purpose) so the girls could have a little fun with them. I was going to let the girls paint some other pumpkins we had bought, but decided if I was going to cook the pumpkins afterwards, I didn't want to have painted skins. The squash were the perfect painting subjects. The girls raced for their aprons and painted with excitement.


I had also wanted to glitter the pumpkins, but backed out. I still have time, though and am still contemplating it. The squash have been sitting on our patio and could use some re-painting. It might almost be cute to spray paint them white and use them to make a snowman since they are sized similarly. We'll see how crafty I feel in the next few days.
11.14.2011
Hanging with the grandparents.
Love,
Janelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment