3.13.2012

Dress #3 for Cici.

I sewed this dress today while Cici was napping. When she woke up, I tried it on her and then put the elastic through the casing. Tada! She was so excited to finally have her purple dress sewn for her. She was feeling a little left out since Z had two dresses already made.

To be honest, I wasn't sure how this dress was going to turn out. But I think it may be my favorite so far. Again I have a little bit of fabric left over and am thinking of putting ruffles down the front. We'll see. I'm sure it will take me longer to put the finishing touches on these dresses, but I am getting them sewn nonetheless.
Here's Cici doing her trick. She thinks it's so funny to balance on one foot while saying, "Whoa, whoa!"


Ah. Isn't she a doll?! It's brings me so much joy to know she loves her dress so much. She was honestly so excited to have her picture taken after seeing Z model her two dresses. You didn't think I'd leave her out, did you?

3 comments:

Amy and Mike said...

they really do love it when you actually made the dress for them! I've been wanting to make this style, for the elastic collar is it sewn together? or can she unbutton the shirt down the front?

Kara said...

super cute. love the waving pic. little dancer!

Ricki said...

These dresses (and models) are sooo adorable!