After our move, I consulted with my neighbor and we decided to have a combined garage sale. I love getting rid of stuff! I purged/sold a lot of our belongings when we moved after medical school, but there is always something lying around that I can sell or donate to create more space. And since it's summer and most don't use their lemons on their trees, I talked Z into having a lemonade stand. It didn't take much convincing since I told her she could use the money to buy THEE pony at Target she'd been eying.
The lemonade stand was a success! And when I say a success, I mean a $28 success! The neighbor boy was an excellent salesman and Z even had a friend from church come over to help her out. It was such a fun day! And yes we were able to buy her pony at Target which she is in LOVE with. Little Cici also got to pick out a toy for all her "cooperation," too.
I think the next time we do a lemonade stand, Z must be older so she can actually count out money and give proper change. But I think this was a great start. I didn't have opportunities like this when I was little so I'm living vicariously through my children. Papa J didn't think the girls would really make any money, but when I texted him that the first sale of the day were the $1 cookies, he was sad he couldn't be there to see their faces light up.
8.02.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
awh.....good job mama! did you get your neighbors to give your their lemons, too? bonus!
Too Cute!
Post a Comment