12.05.2007

Blast from the past...

Being without a computer has put me a little behind on what I've been up to. Thanksgiving was held in Sacramento this year with Jeremy's family. His grandmother came up and was delighted to spend time with her great grandchildren. Lukas is growing so fast he has passed Zoe for sure in the weight category. He's not doesn't have the rolls to show for it and you definitely can't tell with his cute face, but he's a solid boy no doubt about it.

Here we are on the street playing a little "TACO." It's a game that has now become the family's Thanksgiving tradition. Matt learned it in Brazil while serving his mission. The object of the game is to knock over the bottle with the ball while the other team tries to keep the ball away from the bottle. Brett and Emily seem to be the winning team each year. I guess when your the youngest siblings, you've got to bring your game. It's definitely a way to bring the family closer and a way to get everyone laughing!

We also were able to spend some time with old friends/roommates and catch up with the new babes. Avery is my friend Breean's daughter and is just too cute! Our other friend Monica made a delicious dinner while the boys sat and watched football. Finally we had to stop them so we could get our WII on. That game is just too fun! Courtney aced us in bowling and then we were off. My father-in-law surprised us with tickets to the "So You Think You Can Dance" tour. It was fabulous. It was really loud and I worried about Zoe's ears and how she would behave. She did excellent. She watched for awhile amazed by the lights, but when the noise was overwhelming, she fell asleep in my arms. Could I get a better baby? I think not.

I've finally have gotten back at sewing, probably because my friend recently had her baby and I've been meaning to make her a baby blanket. I wanted to try out a ruffled edge so I gave it a shot. I think it didn't turn out half bad for my first try. I love the material I got especially since I used the famous Joann's coupon for 50% off! It's supposed to be like a "comfort" blanket....Erin if you read this, it's coming your way soon and I hope you like it.

For Jeremy's birthday he wanted none other than to spend some time with his girls and have dinner. He was so excited when he came home from school to see dinner made and Zoe still awake. He took a picture of his dinner, but it doesn't do me any justice. The picture doesn't look as appetizing as it did in person. But I made a salad (romaine lettuce, feta, cranberries, almonds and raspberry vinaigrette), asparagus, and his mom's sausage dish (apple-chicken sausage, onions, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, a little pesto and topped with parmesan cheese). He thankfully enjoyed it and in turn I was successful.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness look at you Ms. professional sewer! That blanket is SO stinkin cute! Way to go! Btw...teach me, teach me ;)