3.15.2009

Girl scout cookies.

Alright, who doesn't love the girl scout Samoa cookies? Now you can have them all year round. Instead of paying $4/box and hiding them out in your cupboards and freezers, you can make them any time you have that little craving. One reason I love blogs is because I can find things without having to do the research, it just pops into my inbox! And that's exactly what happened when I found this Samoa cookie knock-off recipe. Now you can be very daring and make the little cookies (though it is very time consuming) or just make them into bars and enjoy them just the same. I've posted the recipes on Recipe Queens or you can find the recipe on Bakingbites (original source). Oh I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!
And by the way, they hardly cost me anything to make. I had milk chocolate chips in the freezer, coconut in the fridge and with my Walgreens coupons, I got four bags of caramels for .58 cents! Yep, I'm on the coupon wagon and saving tons of money! But I'll save that for another post.

5 comments:

lauren said...

Those cookies were so good! They were like double thick samoas!

Nicole said...

Oooh YUMM YUM YUMMY! I'm definitely going to have to make some of those! ;) Love the pic of course.

The Lively's said...

Those look so flippin yummy can't wait to make them! Thanks a bunch! Samoans are my favorite!

A and M said...

Oh my gosh am I excited!

Kara said...

These are my fave of the GSC and guess what.....only peppermint cookies are sold in Canadia. So I've totally missed them! Thanks for the tip :)