Here are a couple of new projects I've recently worked on. I started crocheting again since I finally have my own crochet hooks. I've found a blog that has free patterns that I've slowly been trying. This baby blanket (afghan) is a first for me. I originally saw this pattern on SewMamaSew's blog and sent it to my mother. Then a few weeks ago a friend was wanting to learn how to crochet for an animal pattern she purchased, so I decided to go ahead and start on the blanket myself. I didn't use the exact yarn it called for because it would have cost me an arm and a leg and I wasn't willing to spend that quite yet. Our budget just doesn't allow it these days. So I tried to alter the pattern, but it still came out a little smaller. It was supposed to be 40x40, but it ended up being about 27x27. I was way off! I used a 100% cotton, worsted weight yarn, but it wasn't quite thick enough. It will now be a carry around blanket, or whatever the mom decides.This bag is also a first for me. I found another quilt shop around here and decided to check it out. This material was in the sale bin and I immediately thought of making a bag out of it. I found a tutorial online (of course) and went ahead and sewed it in one night. I didn't have much interfacing for it, but used what I did have, so it doesn't hold it's shape as most bags do. (If you get what I'm saying.) But it's a fun bag for me and it will be great for the summer. The only other thing I forgot to do was put pockets on the inside. I think it was getting late and my mind was spacing out, so that's why it will be a summer bag-throw things in and go! I don't know if you can see in the picture or not, but it has pleating on both sides. Easier than I thought.
3.03.2009
New crafts.
Love,
Janelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
You are a master sewer! I swear I could never do that kind of stuff, or if I did it would never look that good. You've got quite the talent. You're lucky!
Very cute blanket!! you are awesome for crocheting a blanket. I just do not have the patience. You did an amazing job!
SO cute! Man you are one crafty lady!! We need to spend some time together so I can absorb some of your creativeness.
Hi, my name is Cindy Jones. Kara Martin is one of my best friends-she sent me your link because she spoke so highly of your amazing knack for crafty things. I wanted to tell you that SHE WAS SO RIGHT! I love that bag you just made-is that a amy butler pattern? If you need some more of those patterns, I have about 6...I could send you the patterns for you to copy. Anyway-I also love what you did with you kitchen cabinets. We'll have to swap some crafty ideas since I'm always looking for something fun to work on. My email is houseofjonesgirls@gmail.com and you can also find us on kara's blogsite...we're the houseofjonesgirls. It's nice to sort of meet you-Kara sure talks about how wonderful you and your family is.
Cindy
How do you have so much time to do stuff? I just love the pictures you have taken and that blanket is beautiful. You are so talented. How is Stephany doing?
I think I have said this before but I need to take some lessons from you. You are so talented!
Dang cute fabric! You are such a crafty lady, it's amazing!
Oh my cute! I like the blanket best! you are so good!
Janelle they look FABULOUS! Look at you go! That blanket was amazing! I definitely need the pattern. And that bag is SO cute! I love the pleat look. I can't believe you did it in just one night. I am about to make a pleated bag but I know its going to take FOREVER. And it probably won't even look as cute as yours! i haven't quite figured out how to put in pockets though especially if the inside is pleated as well. Hmm, do you know?
Janelle. that bag is soooo cute. Seriously. You should sell stuff on Etsy. I would buy a bag like for sure.
Sister envy.
Just gorgeous! Ditto what Lindsey said. You should totally sell your stuff. Good work!
Post a Comment