5.18.2009

My new fancy.

I'm teaming up with Dana over at the Old Red Barn Co for a sew-along.

A couple of weeks ago I finished taking a quilters class with some ladies from church. The best part? All free fabric. Not trashy fabric either, but good quilters fabric. Only problem? Well it wasn't my fabric of choice. I managed to make a quilt top, but haven't gotten around to actually sewing it together yet. It's hanging on my wall (and has been for the last couple of weeks) and I'm getting pretty tired of looking at it. I think I should just sew it together and be done. Not sure what exactly I will use it for, but I'll be proud to have actually finished a quilt and have learned the skill of full on quilting. Or should I say blocking, because I'm not going to hand quilt it. No way. I don't have the patience to do that.

Awhile ago, before taking my first quilting class, I knew I had the urge to quilt and try it out. So I splurged. I stocked up on some Amy Butler Daisy Chain fabric and have been hording it since. I actually went to a quilt shop instead of JoAnnes and purchased me some quality fabric. I've loved staring at it knowing that one day I would come around to use it. The day has come. I magically have the right amount of fabric (all besides the binding and backing). It is fate. I'm excited to be following Dana and hopefully finish my quilt in 6 weeks. It wouldn't be so bad either if I won some of her giveaways while I was at it. So if you are interested in quilting and have a little spare time (cause don't we all?), you should join in, cause you may just get addicted. I did.

And sorry I don't have a picture of my first quilt. When I get around to sewing it, maybe I'll give you a peak. I just haven't figured out my sashing or binding quite yet. I have to actually purchase those fabrics so I've been holding out. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Luanne Hardy said...

I just might join in. I really need to finish my first quilt (from that class) but I have really lost steam. I don't know if I could do one quilt in 6 weeks. I kind of go and go and go and then get bored of it! Anyway, thanks for the heads up, this could be fun.

Bethany said...

Okay, HOW do you do all this?

smith scratch said...

I wouldn't dare do this, you are awesome, I can't wait to see it finished.