9.15.2009

Baseball induces labor.

Photobucket
Well for me it does. My mom actually pointed this one out to me.

You see, when I was pregnant with Z, Papa J had just graduated from BYU. I was six days past my due date, both sets of parents in town and not much to do but await the arrival of Little Z. Luckily for us there was a BYU baseball game that Saturday, so we went. That's when I started having contractions. Papa J was overly excited and asked me to nudge him with every contraction. They were light and I knew we had time. Long story short, the contractions stopped in the evening, but hit harder early Sunday morning and early Monday morning Z arrived.

Now with Cici we had been attending a few A's games. Papa J had even purchased tickets near my due date. Knowingly. But it wasn't those tickets that did us in. Papa J has a little bit of luck and after turning in some old cell phone equipment and entering a drawing, you guessed it, he won and we scored free tickets and a meet and greet with an A's player. Nomar Garciaparra to be exact. But it gets better. The A's happened to be playing the Yankees.

The game was scheduled for the 18th of Aug. which was the day after my due date. We all know it's highly unlikely to actually give birth on your due date, but being that close and it being our second child, we didn't know when my body was going to "give." Papa J really wanted to be in attendance to the game and meet Nomar, so he was crossing his fingers I didn't go into labor till after the game. Well you all know I didn't go into labor on the 18th and we were able to meet Nomar and enjoy our free seats. It was one of the funnest games we'd been to in awhile just because there were more Yankee fans in the stadium than A's fans. It was also fun to see all the highly paid controversial Yankee players-Alex Rodriguez (A-Rod), Derek Jeter, and CC Sabathia.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

When we were lying in bed that night, I told Papa J that he had a sweet daughter who was kind enough to let him go to the game and meet Nomar.

Long story short, the next day I went into labor and Cici arrived. Do you see a trend? I told you baseball induces labor. So I just have to make sure my future due dates are during the baseball season.

3 comments:

Managers.Magnolia said...

LOL! Nice. Wouldn't be shocked if the girls end up having a thing for baseball players!

Kara said...

Too funny!!

Ricki said...

That's awesome! Jeremy planned a Lakers/Jazz game on my due date with numero uno. We agreed that if the Lakers won AND I had the baby that same day AND if our baby was a boy we would have a Kobe Bryant Jr. Ten days later we had a Levi. I'm glad.