11.11.2009

Complete.

My first quilting project is officially complete. The quilt that was supposed to take 6 weeks ended up taking 6 months. Oh well, it's finished and I'm excited! My aunt did my machine quilting on her long arm. She did a fabulous job. While it was in her hands (and I was still pregnant with Cici), I prepared all of my binding so that when she returned it, I wouldn't have to worry about trying to get it done all while having a newborn. Worked like a charm. I machine stitched the binding onto the back and did a blind hem stitch on the front by hand. I thought it would take me forever, but I finished it in about 3 or 4 sittings. It kept my hands occupied while watching a movie.

It's dimensions are 80 x 80 and fits nicely as a throw on our king sized bed.
Photobucket
Here's the pieced back. A lady at a quilt shop helped me pick out the fabrics and get the yardage needed for the backing.
Photobucket
An up close look at the quilting and front and back fabrics.
Photobucket
I succeeded on my mitered corners.
Photobucket

I also finished my baby sized quilt with my scrap fabrics from this project. I actually finished it first and used it as my tester. My aunt also quilted it. Sorry I don't have a picture yet, hopefully soon. I'm thinking of using it for Cici's crib and purchasing more fabric to re-do the crib skirt and bumper pad. Not sure if I'm up for the project, but it is in the back of my mind.

7 comments:

Anne said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I wish I were half as talented as you at this stuff! Nice work!

Jamie said...

Yippee! You finished and it is gorgeous!

April J. said...

Janelle, that is absolutely beautiful.

Kara said...

I really admire you for doing something like this. It looks incredible.

Tyler and ShaeLee May said...

Amazing, yep I'll say it again, YOU ARE AMAZING.

Silvia and Steven said...

SO BEAUTIFUL! You are so talented and I love seeing all of your projects. I'd love to do things as great as you see you do. So creative! :O)

Luanne Hardy said...

I am amazed! Good work.