12.02.2009

Halloween '09

Before Christmas slips by, I might as well post about our Halloween. Cici's blessing was the day after Halloween so we were lucky to have my parents in town for the festivities. Our morning started out with me leaving early to go to the cemetery for a photo shoot. Afterwards I raced home to change and head to the church to help set up our wards Trunk or Treat. While I was setting up, my parents and Papa J dressed up Z in her witch's costume and headed out for a little pre-trick or treating at the businesses near by. They ran into our friends and Z was excited to start filling up her bag with candy.

Our Trunk or Treat was held in the afternoon for those who still wanted to go out with their families at night. We made it into more of a carnival and the kids really enjoyed it. Instead of handing out tons and tons of candy, we gave out great prizes. I think the kids enjoyed themselves. I know Z did. The kids did get their fill of candy when it was time to go back outside for the actual Trunk or Treat. We had a good amount of cars which meant each child got a decent amount of candy. Z's bag was filled with more than she could handle.
My creative brain has been on "shut-down" mode since being pregnant and having a baby. So our costumes were put together pretty much last minute. I was going to put a little more work into them, but just couldn't find the time. Papa J was going the be the Hulk again, but instead, he threw on my wig and bandana and called it good. As for me, I was a spider web and Cici was my spider. I wanted to make the Bjorn black and add legs, but again didn't do it. Z was our witch (and it was very fitting). She let me spray her hair green and loved wearing her tutu. She kept calling her witch's hat a Mickey Mouse's hat, but as long as she wore it, I was okay. We had fun seeing all the children dressed up and hanging out with our friends.



No comments: