
Z loves to make pancakes. It's not her favorite food, but it's the process of making them that she loves. One day I decided to spice things up and add some food coloring. Big mistake. Now every morning I get asked, "What color pancakes do you want?" And she proceeds to line up all of the colors and choose. Purple was her number one choice for awhile, but now that it's gone, we've moved onto pink and blue. (Reminder: restock food coloring before her birthday in two weeks!)
When she first started this, I was making pancakes from scratch every morning because our small bag of mix had run out. The last time we were at Costco, Papa J decided to grab the "x-large just add water" mix. Best thing ever. Now I only make enough for a Z-sized pancake.
While we were visiting my brother the other week, we made pancakes, but he didn't have the special colors to choose from. She threw a fit saying she didn't want white pancakes, but later gave in after we introduced her to syrup. When she was younger she would eat them with jam, and lately has just wanted them plain. But now the other day she was wanting glue for her pancakes. I didn't know what she was talking about until she reached for the honey. I guess I'll have to go by some syrup now since we don't keep that in stock either.
7 comments:
how funny! I can't believe she is barely having syrup for the first time. Amazing. My kids have been having syrup on their pancakes since they were like 18 months old. And don't forget the butter, tons of butter! She'd probably love, love, love my pancakes even without food coloring.
So funny! I can't get over how much your girls look like you. Sooooo cool.
Oh. P.S. My favorite pancake topping is your PB, syrup and powdered sugar style.....from that one time we made pancakes back in the double D.
so funny. We love pancakes too. I never thought of adding food coloring. Good idea. When we were at Disney World last year I bought a pancake mickey mouse impression. Luke loves those. ;) We'll have to try food coloring, even if he gets obsessed. lol.
Those pictures are so adorable.
Holy cow! She is going to be 3! Where has time gone. We really need to get together soon. We like NEVER see each other anymore. Not even on Sundays! I miss you friend!
that is too cute!! and 3, seriously.. oh, my. She is getting so old.
Post a Comment