I haven't been much of a garage sale person. Mainly because they don't often happen around our neck of the woods, but I do read about some amazing deals to be found. My mom, for one, has found some killer deals. So I thought I would join in on the fun while at home. I picked up a few things I was happy about - pillowcases, cake stand, books, but most importantly zippers! I snagged up a gallon sized ziploc bag full of new and used zippers for $2. My mom looked at me a little funny, but there are so many things you can do with a zipper. It seems there is always a little clutch or tote I want to make, but it needs a zipper. They are not expensive, but something I never have on hand. And lately I've seen some zipper flowers that I've wanted to try out. So one night I got out the hot glue and voila! A new broach. There are a lot of tutorials out there, but I based mine off of Martha Stewarts website. They were simple and fun to make. Try it.
Metal zippers work best for flowers, but I have so many different types of zippers to work with that I tried them all. The polyester zipper worked well for a little barrette in Z's hair.
9.23.2010
Garage Sale.
Love,
Janelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the zipper flowers. So cute!
Post a Comment