Life is all about stages. I've just entered the pre-school stage. We've been at it for about a month now and Z is finally feeling very comfortable.
I put her in a M, W, F program knowing she could handle it. She was excited with the idea of preschool, but didn't really realize none of her normal friends wouldn't be there. So when I dropped her off, she would ask me to stay. I'd stay for a couple of minutes to please her, but then quietly leave as she started to engage in the toys. She's always excited to see me when I pick her up - it was just the dropping off she had a rough start with.
Last Friday we had a picnic with another classmate and mom after school so she could get comfortable with some of the other children. This week, she has been telling me stories of her day and who she plays with and just who is peeing on the playground. We also put together a family poster to share in circle time and she was absolutely excited to take it to school this morning.
I'm glad she is feeling comfortable and enjoying this program. I think it is very beneficial to her to make new friends outside of our circle. It's good for me as well. I need to be the big example. I'm loving the changes in her behavior and enjoying her be the best big sister (most of the time). I also love that she is excited to learn. We are starting to sound out and read small words together. She amazes me. 
PS. I know longer have to push her on the swing. This girls got pumping down! Three cheers for mom!
10.06.2010
Another stage.
Love,
Janelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YAY for preschool and learning new swing skills! I remember T's firsts in those. I think I want her to grow too quickly. You seem to enjoy Z :)
Post a Comment